- Build Talent Pipelines of Management Consulting Talent - For the fastest growing practice of a global consulting firm, engaged as an “on-demand” resource to provide outsourced talent sourcing of highly specialized technology and business consultants in the education, healthcare and non-profit industries. Filled over 20 positions in 6 months at the Associate, Manager and Director Levels at a cost savings of 20% less than the client's former use of contingency search vendors.
- M&A – Retail Store Expansion Management Recruitment – for the market leader in quick service paycheck lending and check cashing services, engaged to provide and manage a team of 3 contract recruiters to support a highly confidential, pre-acquisition recruitment initiative to hire 25 retail store managers and 10 regional district managers in 8 markets across the U.S in 60 days. Eexceeded hiring goals by 25% within the desired timeline at a 30% lower cost than using contingency search vendors.
- Contract Recruiting Interim Solution - Engineers: For a premiere Motorcycle manufacturer and retailer, provided a team of recruiters to support all corporate and field manufacturing operations recruitment for a 6 month interim period while awaiting a transition to a full RPO outsourcing vendor solution. Streamlined end to end hiring process, optimized technology platform and filled over 60 positions up to VP level across multiple business units were filled.
- Automated New Hire On-Boarding System – Lead the selection and integration of a new automated on-boarding system for a wireless telecommunications company. Developed strategy and executed online migration initiatives. Lead program team including business, technology, and advertising agency vendors involving conflict resolution and collaboration to result in successful launch including substantial improvement in recruiter efficiency and candidate satisfaction.
- Employee Referral Program Automation / Internal Career Center – Established enterprise-wide automated employee referral program and internal applicant process. Developed internal policies and strategy for design, communication and execution. Liaison between business, technology, and marketing / advertising agency vendors.
- Design and Implement a New Recruiting Model: For a startup technology solutions consulting firm, engaged to create a “talent engine” designed to build ongoing talent pipelines of top technology consulting professionals through implementation of: Targeted social networking, employment branding, applicant tracking, metrics, interviewing and selection practices. Implemented HireDesk ATS.
- Transformation to a Centralized Recruitment Model: For a global retail banking and financial services firm, performed a recruitment optimization facilitated workshop that resulted in a strategic decision to move from a decentralized HR generalist recruiting model to a centralized sourcing center hybrid recruiting model using an RPO provider. Provided change management coaching to the client’s new talent acquisition leader as well as ongoing mentoring and coaching related to the transformation.
- RPO Outsourcing Decision Support: For a global consumer products company, conducted US feasibility study to support a recommendation to outsource professional recruiting to an RPO vendor. Lead the RPO vendor needs analysis, selection review and recommendation process. Facilitated vendor contract negotiations and implementation strategy to ensure optimum benefit for the client. Advised on pre-vendor implementation change considerations and facilitated key executive stakeholder decisions on key decision points.
- Global Expansion – Recruitment Optimization Assessment: For a global luxury hotel expanding aggressively into Asia and Eastern Europe, engaged by the SVP of HR to perform a global talent acquisition / expansion readiness study to identify gaps in their ability to support the planned future talent acquisition needs of the planned expansion into Asia, Eastern Europe and the Middle East.
- Leadership Succession & Talent Management Diagnostic: For a global Nuclear Energy provider, performed a comprehensive analysis of the organizations leadership succession and talent management practices, systems and processes. Assessed succession pool readiness and health as well as determined critical role skill gaps in the organization that need to be addressed due to aging workforce issues.
March 11, 2014
talentRISE will sponsored the Recruiting Trend’s Spring 2014 Conference in Alexandria, VA which took place April 2-4. The conference brought together recruiters, sourcers, talent acquisition managers, and other HR and recruitment professionals to share best practices and strategies for the hiring process. … Continue reading
February 20, 2014
We are proud to announce that we have promoted Gayle Norton to Principal. Gayle will co-lead the firm’s talent acquisition consulting practice and focus her efforts on helping companies conduct current state recruitment optimization and talent risk organizational assessments to … Continue reading
February 13, 2014
A new publication, Talent Acquisition, features a by-lined article by Jim O’Malley on the importance of candidate screening. To access the article, log into the hr.com site and register to receive all of their publications. The article is also excerpted … Continue reading
More News »
April 16, 2014
Having had significant experience within the world of Big 4 and other major consulting firms, I’ve seen how certain unfortunate prevailing myths about recruitment often prevent these firms from getting recruitment “right”. In this article published recently in the Andersen … Continue reading
April 7, 2014
Dear Workforce, a popular feature of Workforce Magazine, solicits answers to questions posed by readers on a variety of HR topics. A recent inquiry focused on change management within an IT group at a consulting firm. At the heart of … Continue reading
March 24, 2014
Speaking with Gina Max, Senior Manager, Talent Management, at USG Corporation. We recently had the pleasure of speaking with Gina Max, Senior Manager, Talent Management, at USG Corporation. USG, more than 100 years old, is North America’s leading producer and distributor … Continue reading
More from Blogs »
Society of Talent Acquisition and Recruitment - STAR Chicago Staffing Symposium
Mid-America Club, Chicago IL
06/01/2014 - 06/04/2014
talentRISE to Co-present with Cadence Health at IHRIM Conference
IHRIM’s 2014 HRMS Strategies Conference and Technology Expo, Anaheim California